Brigham Young was a successor to Joseph Smith.
- He migrated his followers to the Salt Lake basin.
- He is the second and longest serving Mormon prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- He was a polygamist who had 55 wives.
- He taught that Adam was God.
- He gave a sermon that the moon and sun were inhabited.
He taught that his sermons are to be considered scripture.
I have never yet preached a sermon and sent it out to the children of men, that they may not call Scripture.
Sermon delivered January 2, 1870 in the Salt Lake City Tabernacle
Journal of Discourses 13:95